1st January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Nagaland Legislative Assembly Speaker Vikho-o Yhoshü passed away in Mumbai. He was 69.
2. India has improved its composite score from 57 in 2018 to 60 in the Sustainable Development Goals Index 2019-20.
3. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 87th Sivagiri pilgrimage meeting in Sivagiri Theerthadana Mutt in Kerala.
4. Former East Bengal and Mohun Bagan defender Radhakrishnan Dhanarajan died while playing a 'Sevens' football match at Perinthalmanna in Malappuram.
5. Government has launched a web portal for Delhi, Noida, Gurugram and Ghaziabad residents to request tracing and blocking stolen and lost phones.
6. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has launched the torch relay of the Third Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Guwahati from 10th to 22nd of next month.
7. Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has been appointed the country's first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).
8. South Africa beat India by five wickets in the third and final Under-19 Youth ODI at the Buffalo Park in East London.
Tag : Current Affairs