11th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. India’s growth rate is projected to decelerate to 5 per cent in 2019-20 amid enduring financial sector issues, according to a World Bank report, which said the country’s GDP was likely to recover to 5.8 per cent in the following financial year.
2. The Union Cabinet approved government's stake sale in four PSUs in Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL), namely, MMTC, NMDC, BHEL and MECON.
3. Justice Dilip B Bhosale has resigned from the post of Lokpal member citing personal reasons.
4. Census India-2021 will begin on 1st of April this year and will end on 30th of September.
5. In latest ICC rankings for Test bowlers, India's Ravichandran Ashwin (9) is the only spinner in the top 10.
6. Indian-American biochemist Har Gobind Khorana, who won the 1968 Nobel Prize for medicine, was honoured by a Pakistani university, which announced to set up a Research Chair in his name.
7. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy on Thursday launched his government’s flagship programme ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme meant to support lakhs of poor and needy mothers to educate their children.
Tag : Current Affairs