12th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Census exercise India-2021 will begin on 1st April 2020 and will end on 30th of September 2020. The responsibility of conducting the Census rests with the Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India under Ministry of Home Affairs.
2. The Reserve Bank of India has allowed banks and other lending institutions to use “Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP)” for KYC process of customers.
3. The chariot festival of the Suchindram Thanumalayan Temple begins with great camaraderie and devotion. The temple is located in Tamil Nadu.
4. Ladakh women team has won the 7th National Ice Hockey Championship women trophy.
5. Indian-American biochemist Har Gobind Khorana, who won the 1968 Nobel Prize for medicine, was honoured by a Pakistani university, which announced to set up a Research Chair in his name.
6. M Nagaraj has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of State-owned Housing and Urban Development Corporation (Hudco).
7. India was ranked 84th in the recently released Henley Passport Index 2020.
8. Indian Railways is in the process of installing Internet Protocol (IP) based Video Surveillance System (VSS) at railway stations.
9. Visakhapatnam will host the multilateral naval exercise ‘MILAN’ which aims to enhance professional interaction between foreign-friendly navies and learn from each other’s strengths.
Tag : Current Affairs