13th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Country's largest public sector bank, State Bank of India has announced a 'residential builder finance with buyer guarantee' (RBBG) scheme. It aims at giving a push to residential sales and improve homebuyers' confidence.
2. Union Government released the State Energy Efficiency Index 2019, which tracks the progress of Energy Efficiency initiatives in 36 States and Union Territories.
3. Local sources of pollution such as traffic, construction, and domestic heating contribute significantly to the Delhi National Capital Region's high concentrations of harmful air pollutants. The study was conducted by researchers from the University of Surrey in the UK.
4. India's Virat Kohli became the quickest to reach 11,000 international runs as a captain during the third and final T20 International against Sri Lanka in Pune.
5. The RBI amended the KYC norms allowing banks and other lending institutions regulated by it to use Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP), a move which will help them onboard customers remotely.
6. Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said, who ruled Oman for almost half a century, has died at the age of 79.
7. Teenager Shafali Verma smashed 89 off 45 balls to power India 'C' to a title triumph in the women's T20 Challenger Trophy with an eight-wicket victory over India 'B'.
8. India women’s hockey captain Rani Rampal has been nominated for the World Games Athlete of the Year 2019 award.
Tag : Current Affairs