17th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Lt General Girish Kumar was reappointed as the Surveyor General of India for one year.
2. Senior CPI(M) leader and the former editor of the party's mouthpiece 'Ganashakti', Avik Dutta, died. He was 58.
3. Former vice-president of the International Chess Federation (FIDE) P T Ummer Koya passed away. He was 69.
4. Bhuwan Chandra Tripathi, former chairman and managing director of state-owned GAIL India Ltd, has joined Essar Exploration & Production Mauritius as the firm's Non-executive Chairman.
5. India's swashbuckling opener Rohit Sharma has been named the ICC's '2019 ODI Cricketer of the Year' for his incredible run of form through the year.
6. Michael Debabrata Patra has been appointed deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He has been appointed to the post for a period of three years.
7. Suresh Kishinchand Khatanhar has taken charge as Deputy Managing Director of LIC-controlled IDBI Bank .
8. IPS officer Anand Prakash Maheshwari took over as the new director general of the CRPF, the world's largest paramilitary force.
Tag : Current Affairs