18th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Worldwide IT spending is projected to total $3.9 trillion in 2020, an increase of 3.4 per cent from the previous calendar year, according to the latest forecast by Gartner, Inc.
2. The US has signed the first phase of a trade deal with China, concluding more than a year of tough negotiations including several months of suspension of talks between the two largest economies of the world.
3. Alok Kansal, a senior officer of the 1983 batch of Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE) took over the charge as General Manager of Western Railway.
4. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has resigned.
5. Reserve Bank has asked banks and other card-issuing companies to provide facility to customers to switch on and off their debit or credit cards, a move aimed at enhancing security for digital transactions.
6. Australian batsman Marnus Labuschagne was named as the 2019 ICC Men's Emerging Cricketer.
7. The four astronauts shortlisted for the Gaganyaan project, India's first manned space mission, will receive training in Russia for 11 months.
8. Rafael Nadal and Naomi Osaka have been nominated for the prestigious Laureus World Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year.
Tag : Current Affairs