21st January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. England spinner Dominic Bess has become England's youngest spinner to take five-wicket haul overseas during the third Test against South Africa.
2. Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 'Fit India Cyclothon' along with Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant at Campal Parade Ground in Goa.
3. Rising star Ugo Humbert won his maiden ATP title beating Benoit Paire in a three-set thriller in the final of the Auckland Classic Tennis Tournament.
4. Young India batswoman Jemimah Rodrigues was conferred honorary membership by the Bandra-based MIG Cricket Club.
5. Ashleigh Barty won her first career title at home with a 6-2, 7-5 defeat of Ukrainian Dayana Yastremska at the ATP-WTA Adelaide International.
6. IIT Kharagpur has developed an artificial intelligence-powered method to automate the reading of legal case judgments.
7. Australia has conferred its highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia honour, on Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw for her contribution towards advancing the country's relationship with India.
8. Union minister Arjun Munda was elected as president of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI) in its much-delayed elections, which were held here smoothly in the presence of three observers.
Tag : Current Affairs