22nd January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. South India got its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter jets, which have been modified to carry BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles, at the Air Force station in Thanjavur.
2. Tasneem, the 34-year-old JD(S) corporator, was elected as the first Muslim woman Mayor of Mysuru.
3. South Korean electronics maker Samsung appointed its youngest-ever President Roh Tae-moon, aged 51, as its new mobile chief.
4. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has elected Ashish Garg as the president and Nagendra D Rao as the vice-president.
5. Team India captain Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to score 5,000 runs in ODI cricket as captain.
6. India captain Virat Kohli and his deputy Rohit Sharma consolidated their top two positions in the batting chart, while pace ace Jasprit Bumrah continued to lead among bowlers in the ICC ODI Rankings issued.
7. Team India opener Rohit Sharma slammed his 29th ODI hundred off 110 deliveries against Australia in the third ODI in Bengaluru.
8. India has successfully test-fired a 3,500 kilometre range nuclear capable K-4 ballistic missile that can be launched from a submarine.
Tag : Current Affairs