23rd January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. The Union government announced the appointment of senior IAS officers Rajeev Singh Thakur and Shantanu as new joint secretaries in the newly-created department of military affairs.
2.Thailand's Ratchanok Intanon lifted the Indonesia Badminton Masters 2020 women's singles title after defeating Carolina Marin.
3. Atanu Kumar Das has been appointed MD and CEO of the Bank of India for a period of three years.
4. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, along with Prime Minister of Nepal Shri K.P. Sharma Oli jointly inaugurated the second Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Jogbani - Biratnagar.
5. Zomato has acquired Uber Eats India in an all-stock transaction, which gives Uber 9.99% ownership in Zomato.
6. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) lowered India’s economic growth forecast to 4.8 per cent for this fiscal year owing to the crisis in the non-banking financial sector and weak rural demand.
7. Sanjiv Chadha has been appointed as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Bank of Baroda.
8. Lingam Venkata Prabhakar, ED, PNB, has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Canara Bank.
Tag : Current Affairs