25th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. The National Payments Corporation of India has launched a payment system ‘Vajra Platform’ for automating payment clearing and settlement processes of NPCI products.
2. The National Girl Child Day is observed across the country on January 24 every year. The day aims to highlight the issues and problems of girls that they face in their daily lives. It was initiated by Government of India in year 2008.
3. The Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Mansukh Mandaviya has participated in the High-level roundtable of United Nations AIDS programme at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland.
4. The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020 was conferred to 49 children under various categories by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on January 22, 2020.
5. The United Nations has lowered India’s GDP growth rate to 5.7% for the Fiscal Year 2019-20.
6. Indian Oil has signed an MoU with Ghana’s National Petroleum Authority for proper implementation of the Ghana’s National LPG Promotion Policy.
7. France will be the guest of honour at the New Delhi World Book Fair in January 2022.The announcement was made by the French Ambassador to India, Emmanuel Lenain on January 24, 2020. India was the guest of honour this year at Livre Paris (Paris Book Fair).
8.Atanu Kumar Das has been appointed the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bank of India.
Tag : Current Affairs