27th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. After taking two wickets in the first T20I against India, New Zealand spinner Ish Sodhi has become the highest wicket-taker against India in the shortest format of the game.
2. India has surpassed the US for the first time to become the world's second-largest smartphone market in 2019, a report by Counterpoint Research said.
3. New Zealand's Colin Munro, Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor, and India's KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer smashed fifties in the first T20I in Auckland. This is the first time that five batsmen slammed fifties in one T20I match.
4. An Olympic boxing qualifier, which was cancelled in China following the outbreak of a coronavirus, will be held instead in Jordan.
5. Pakistan marked their 150th T20I appearance with a five-wicket win over Bangladesh in the first T20I of the three-match series.
6. The Government of Uttar Pradesh has shaped 'Yamuna International Airport Private Limited' firm to make Asia's second largest worldwide airport at Jewar in Greater Noida.
7. Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora has assumed Chairmanship of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2020.
8. Former Rajya Sabha MP Mulhupra Vero died. He was 88.
Tag : Current Affairs