28th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. President Ram Nath Kovind has approved 409 award of Gallantry and other Defence decorations to Armed Forces personnel and others on the eve of the 71st Republic Day.
2. India and Brazil inked 15 agreements to boost cooperation in a wide range of areas like trade and investment, oil and gas, cybersecurity and information technology after talks between Brazilian President Jair Messias Bolsonaro and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
3. The five-day Ganga Yatra under Namami Gange mission kicked off from Bijnor and Ballia in Uttar Pradesh.
4. Commodore Jyotin Raina of the Indian Navy has been awarded the Nao Sena Medal (gallantry) for ensuring that the Western Fleet was ready to meet operational tasks within a very rapid time frame post the Pulwama attack in February last year.
5. The UK government unveiled a new 50-pence commemorative Brexit coin ahead of the UK''s exit from the European Union (EU).
6. Government has announced 141 Padma Awards for this year on the occasion of 71st Republic Day. The list comprises of 7 Padma Vibhushan, 16 Padma Bhusan and 118 Padma Shri awards. 12 persons are awarded posthumously.
7. Kobe Bryant, the former Los Angeles Lakers superstar and one of the greatest players in NBA history, died in a helicopter crash.
8. The ruling Nepal Communist Party's Agni Sapkota has been elected as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the lower house of Parliament in Nepal.
Tag : Current Affairs