31st January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. The CISF has been declared as the 'best marching contingent' amongst CAPFs and other auxiliary squads during the Republic Day parade this year.
2. Senior diplomat Taranjit Singh Sandhu has been appointed as India's Ambassador to the US.
3. Renowned Indian environmental economist and UN Environment Programme (UNEP) Goodwill Ambassador Pavan Sukhdev has won the 2020 Tyler Prize, regarded as the "Nobel Prize for the Environment" for his groundbreaking "green economy" work.
4. Nobel laureate Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee was conferred the honorary Doctor of Letters (D.Litt.) by his alma mater Calcutta University at its annual convocation in Kolkata.
5. Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani claimed yet another Senior National Billiards Championship title with a 5-2 win over Sourav Kothari in a pulsating final.
6. Sachin Bansal has resigned from the board of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd citing that an entity owned and controlled by him has applied for a universal banking licence.
7. Indian cyclist Esow Alben has bagged a gold in the men's Keirin individual event of the Six Day Berlin Tournament.
8. The Ramsar Convention has declared 10 more wetlands in India as sites of international importance. With this, a total of 37 sites in the country have been recognised under the international treaty.
Tag : Current Affairs