4th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Chief Executive Officer of “Khelo India Games” has announced that “Lawn bowls” and “cycling” will be included in the 3rd edition of Khelo India Games.
2. Indian Space Research Organisation will establish a second launch port in Thoothukodi district of Tamilnadu for small satellite launch vehicles.
3. President of Nepal launched the “Visit Nepal Year 2020” during the ceremony held at historic Dasaratha Rangashala in Kathmandu.
4. The congress has chosen ‘science and technology: rural development’ as its theme for the 107th edition of the Indian Science Congress.
5. Jamshedpur has topped the cleanliness charts for two consecutive quarters among cities with 1 lakh to 10 lakh population as per Swachh Survekshan 2020.
6. The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has warned the American airlines and their pilots operating in Pakistan’s airspace, stating that there is risk involved due to high extremist or militant activity.
7. Delhi Cantonment Board topped the rankings in 2nd quarter (July to September) among the Cantonment Boards as per Swachh Survekshan 2020.
8. The education department of Gujarat has launched ‘Study in Gujarat’ campaign to make Gujarat State an educational hub at national and international level.
9. The Indian Railways has launched an integrated helpline number- 139 for quick grievance redressal and enquiries by passengers during their train journeys. The new number will replace all the existing helpline numbers.
10.The Maharashtra government has launched a ‘cyber safe women’ campaign across the state to educate women and children regarding cybercrimes.
Tag : Current Affairs