7th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Actress Priyanka Chopra has attained the fourth spot in Yahoo India's Top 20 Most Searched Personalities of 2019.
2. Public sector Indian Overseas Bank has received capital infusion of Rs 4,360 crore from the government.
3. Investments in Indian tech-enabled start-ups grew 18 per cent to $14 billion (about Rs 99,400 crore) in 2019, with Delhi-NCR and Bengaluru accounting for a lion's share of the funds, a report by research and consulting firm HexGn said.
4. Amazon India and the Kishore Biyani-led Future Retail Ltd (FRL) announced long-term agreements to expand the reach of Future Retail stores and consumer brands through the Amazon India marketplace.
5. Actor Ramy Youssef took home his first Golden Globe at the 77th Golden Globe Awards ceremony for his role in the series "Ramy".
6. After almost 60 years in showbiz, actor Brian Cox won his first Golden Globe at the 77th annual award ceremony for his work on TV show "Succession".
7. State-owned Kuwait Petroleum Corp signed a long-term contract with Qatar Petroleum to purchase three million tonnes of liquefied natural gas per year.
8. New Zealand's Leo Carter scripted history as he became only the seventh batsman ever across formats to smash six sixes in an over.
Tag : Current Affairs