8th January 2020 Current Affairs India
1. Common Service Centres e-Governance Services India has signed a memorandum of understanding with Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) for sale of FASTags.
2. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has approved the issuance of a five-year multi-entry visa for foreign tourists.
3. South Korea has become the eighth country in the world to offer universal high-speed Internet to the whole country.
4. 2019 was recorded as the seventh warmest year since 1901, but the heating was substantially lower than the highest warming observed in 2016, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
5. The inaugural edition of Khelo India University Games will be held in Bhubaneswar from February 22 to March 1.
6. India's P Magesh Chandran won 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress at Hastings in England.
7. Reserve Bank of India granted in-principle approval to Uttar Pradesh-based Shivalik Mercantile Cooperative Bank Ltd to convert into a small finance bank, becoming the first urban cooperative bank to be granted such nod.
8. A new, larger headquarters for Turkey's National Intelligence Organization (MİT) was inaugurated in the capital Ankara.
Tag : Current Affairs