Gujarat Government Launched the Digital Seva Setu Programme | GkJobs :- The Gujarat State Government launched the “Digital Seva Setu Programme” for rural areas on October 6, 2020. It was launched under the Bharat Net Project of the Central government.
The programme comply with the India’s Digital India Mission. The villages will be connected with the 100 MBps optical fibre network with an aim to make every village a mini Sachivalay. The programme connects the village panchayats. It will provide twenty pro-people services including the delivery of ration cards at door steps.
- The programme will enable people to receive public welfare services at the Panchayat level.
- Gram panchayats will be connected to the state data centre at Gandhinagar, under the programme. Thus, it will integrate the data.
- The citizens will be charged Rs 20 to avail the benefits of the programme.
- The programme will transform the 18,000 villages of Gujarat into modern and global villages.
- In the first phase, 2000 village panchayats will be covered. Rest of the villages will be covered by 2021.
Seva Setu Programme
The Seva Setu Programme was launched in 2016. It is an initiative of the Gujarat Government in order to ensure timely redressal of their needs at citizen’s door step. The seva setu camp is organised under the supervision of sub divisional officer on cluster basis comprising of the eight to ten villages. So far, around two crore people have been benefitted from the programme.
CLICK HERE FOR GUJARATI :- CLICK HERE